Wood Whelan Research Fellowships
International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Grant amount: Up to US $4,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2018
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship, Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Argentina; Armenia; Australia; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belgium; Benin; Bolivia; Brazil; Bulgaria; Cameroon; Canada; Chile; China; Croatia; Cuba; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Egypt; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hong Kong; Hungary; Iceland; India; Indonesia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Korea, Republic of; Lithuania; Malaysia; Mexico; Moldova, Republic of; Morocco; Myanmar; Nepal; New Zealand; Nigeria; Norway; Pakistan; Panama; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russian Federation; Singapore; Slovakia; Slovenia; South Africa; Spain; Sri Lanka; Sweden; Switzerland; Thailand; Togo; Tunisia; Turkey; Ukraine; United Kingdom; United States; Uruguay; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe Expand all
Age restriction: No more than 35 years of age
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Established in 1983 with funds provided by an appeal among the world's biochemists for the purpose of granting short-term fellowships to young biochemists to carry out research and training in a laboratory other than their own. This was named after Harland Wood, former General Secretary and President of IUB, and William Whelan, former General Secretary of IUB and former President of IUBMB. Additions to the funds were made by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology ($10,000 in 1997, $20,000 in 1998) and by a donation from William Whelan ($18,000 in 2001).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be residents of countries that are members of IUBMB. Check here.
- Applicants should generally be graduate students or young researchers under the age of 35.
- The fellowships will be awarded for travel lasting 1-4 months.
- A fellowship is intended to cover travel and incidental costs, as well as living expenses, to a maximum of $4,000.
- Travel costs will provide for the:
- cheapest airfare available;
- incidental expenses directly related to the travel, local bus fares to and from airport; and
- a hotel charge for one night at airport if well substantiated.
A fellowship cannot be used to supplement scientific visits otherwise fully covered.
Fellowships will not be awarded to attend courses, symposia, meetings or congresses.
- The costs do not cover insurance or research expenses at the laboratory to be visited.
- Applications from individuals who have received a Wood-Whelan Fellowship previously are discouraged.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wood Whelan Research Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.