Internationalizing Teacher Preparation Grants
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $30,000
Next deadline: Aug 10, 2018 5:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Jan 17, 2019 5:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry), Mar 15, 2019 5:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Jun 7, 2019 5:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Founded by William L. Breese, the Longview Foundation for World Affairs and International Understanding has been helping young people in the United States learn about world regions and global issues since 1966.
Internationalizing Teacher Preparation Program
The foundation will support efforts to expand teachers’ global knowledge and skills. Preference will be given to those teacher preparation institutions that are connected to state or citywide systemic effort in order to have a greater impact and to those using online courses for pre-service education or professional development.
Proposed projects are reviewed with particular attention to:
- Partnerships & collaborative activities between institutions to further ensure impact and sustainability
- Integration of global dimensions into pre-service teacher education, both in pedagogy & subject matter
- The number of teacher preparation candidates reached
- Assess the impact of strategies on teachers’ ability to integrate global knowledge & skills into practice
- Financial support for continuation of activities beyond the grant period to assure sustainability
- Participation of both the College of Education and the College Arts and Sciences
- Clear commitments to work with the relevant state education agency and/or local school districts
- Dissemination plans to encourage replication at other institutions
To learn more about our efforts and partners in Internationalizing Teacher Preparation, click here.
Grant Range: $10,000 (for single institution grants) - $30,000 (for multi-institution grants)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Preference will be given to those teacher preparation institutions that are connected to state or citywide systemic effort in order to have a greater impact and to those using online courses for pre-service education or professional development.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Internationalizing Teacher Preparation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.