Agriculture and Agri-Food Adaptation Grant Programs
Investment Agriculture FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Apr 2, 2019
Later deadlines: Feb 8, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit For-Profit Business Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Sometimes referred to as ‘General Funding’, IAF’s Agriculture and Agri-food Adaptation program funding is available for projects that assist the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector’s ability to seize opportunities, to respond to new and emerging issues, and to pilot solutions to new and ongoing issues in order to help it to adapt and remain competitive.
Funding is available for projects that match one or more of the following strategic priorities:
- Seize new opportunities
- Respond to new and emerging issues
- Pilot solutions to new and ongoing issues to help the sector adapt and remain competitive.
- Projects are typically funded at a 50-50 ratio of eligible cash costs, depending on the level of anticipated benefit.
- Other project contributions must be derived from non-government sources.
- Projects that may result in significant financial benefits to the applicant may require a higher percentage of cost-sharing by the applicant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must be Canadian legal entities with a head office, or be registered to do business, in British Columbia.
- This may include agriculture and agri-food related organizations and associations, co-operatives, marketing boards, First Nations and aboriginal groups, for-profit businesses and individuals.
- Some Things to Consider:
- Project proposals must clearly demonstrate potential for economic viability and longer-term sustainability.
- Funding is project-based and will be provided for a limited period.
- Projects should demonstrate a broad benefit to B.C.’s agriculture and/or agrifoods sectors.
- Federal and provincial departments or agencies, and colleges and universities are not eligible to apply as the primary applicant.
- Funding will not be provided for activities intended to directly influence or lobby any level of government.
- Funding will not be provided for advertisement, promotion and/or awareness activities that brand one region, commodity, and/or product over another.
- Funding will not be used as direct income support.
- Funding will not be provided for farm or agrifood business start-up, ongoing activities, normal operations of an organization or businesses, or normal commercial expansion.
- Funding can not be used for basic research.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Agriculture and Agri-Food Adaptation Grant Programs by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.