Iowa Great Places Grant
Iowa Arts CouncilSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jun 15, 2020 9:59pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2020 (Pre proposal), Nov 1, 2020 9:59pm PST (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Approximately US $210,000
Fields of work: Community Development & Revitalization Environment Diversity & Inclusion Art & Culture
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Project / Program
Location of project: Iowa
Location of residency: IowaView website Save
If you live in a unique community with a strong vision for innovation, and enhancing vitality and quality of life, while staying true to what makes your community unique, the Iowa Great Places Program can recognize your efforts and help bring those visions to reality. The program provides designation and supports the development of new and existing infrastructure intended to cultivate the unique and authentic cultural qualities of neighborhoods, communities and regions in Iowa.
The Iowa Great Places program seeks to recognize communities that take action to enhance their local places while staying true to the qualities that makes them unique. Designated communities have demonstrated a vision that values their cultural assets while challenging themselves to set realistic goals for advancing their quality of life.
The program goals are to cultivate the unique and authentic qualities of Iowa neighborhoods, districts, communities and regions in order to make them great places to live and work through professional development training; technical assistance opportunities; a network of vibrant communities and passionate leaders; and access to other state and local resources.
The program provides Iowa Great Places designation, the opportunity to apply for grant funding to support vertical infrastructure expenses as defined by the Iowa Code 8.57 for projects dedicated to developing cultural assets in the community, and the opportunity to apply for endorsement resulting in additional consideration from partner state agency programs for projects that develop assets in the following areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Entrepreneurial incentive for business development
- Historic Fabric
- Housing Options
- Natural Environment
The program, defined in Iowa Code 303.3C, is administered by the Iowa Arts Council, a division of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs, and the Iowa Great Places Citizens Advisory Board.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must be one of the following types of entities. Entities who do not meet these requirements are not eligible to apply.
- Federally tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization incorporated and physically located in Iowa
- Physical location is defined as maintaining a current home office and registered agent address in Iowa defined by Iowa Code 490.501 as well as maintaining a primary staff presence physically located and working in Iowa
- Unit of local, county or federally-recognized tribal government physically located in Iowa
- Municipal agencies with 28E agreements physically located in Iowa
- The following types of entities are not eligible to apply.
- Unit of state or federal government
- For-profit or commercial entity
- Entities geographically located within a currently designated Iowa Great Place
- Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs grantees who have an outstanding final report or who have been placed on a department funding moratorium
- Applicants who have unsuccessfully applied for Iowa Great Places designation in the past two consecutive years
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”