I-CASH Agricultural Youth Grants
Iowa's Center for Agricultural Safety and Health (I-CASH)
Grant amount: US $500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Iowa
Location of residency: IowaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Created in 1990, Iowa's Center for Agricultural Safety and Health (I-CASH) was funded by the Iowa Legislature. The mission of I-CASH is to enhance the health and safety of Iowa’s agricultural community by establishing and coordinating prevention and education programs.
Each year I-CASH designates funds for community grants to youth aimed at the prevention of farm-related injury.
- $500 grants are available to decrease the risk of illness and injury due to farm hazard exposure.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the I-CASH youth committee (see page 3 for application). Criteria for selection will be based on objectives, use of funds, collaboration, and proposed activities.
- One project will be selected for the Outstanding Youth Grant Award which will be presented at the 2017 Midwest Regional Agricultural Safety and Health (MRASH) meeting usually held in mid-November. Funding will be available for travel and expenses to attend the meeting. A cash award will also be given to the top project.
Youth will plan and conduct a farm safety and/or health educational program, campaign, or social media event. Suggested activities may include: planning and carrying out a farm safety/health event; distributing safety/health related resources; or developing materials to promote farm safety and health. More ideas are listed within the Project Description. Emphasis will be given for youth involvement and the program description when scoring projects.
Grantees are encouraged to work with the I-CASH affiliates for expertise and resources. They include: The University of Iowa, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, Iowa Department of Public Health, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, AgriSafe Network, Easter Seals, National Education Center for Agricultural Safety, Proteus, and other safety and health organizations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are only available for youth groups/organizations in Iowa.
- The projects should be conducted by youth, with adults serving as mentors and advisors.
- I-CASH funds cannot be used to pay for salaries or for the purchase of tee-shirts.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the I-CASH Agricultural Youth Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.