IPM Partnership Grants
Northeastern IPM Center
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Deadline: Nov 15, 2018 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit For-Profit Business Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Partnership program supports projects that further the mission of the Northeastern IPM Center, address or identify regional IPM priorities, and benefit the northeastern region at large.
The current project types are:
- IPM Issues
- IPM Working Groups
- IPM Communications
The Center’s mission is to foster the development and adoption of integrated pest management, a science-based and sustainable approach to managing pests in ways that generate economic, environmental, and human health benefits. The efforts of the Center are organized under five signature programs (not in order of priority)
- IPM and Organic Systems
- Rural and Urban IPM
- Climate Change and Pests
- Next Generation Education
- Advanced Production Systems
Funded projects are expected to contribute significantly to the adoption and/or development of IPM by addressing regional priorities in one or more Signature Program through the following:
- Forming partnerships among growers, scientists, educators, environmental groups, governmental agencies, and other audiences for the purpose of advancing IPM
- Increasing knowledge about pests and how to manage them in traditional and new settings
- Establishing or addressing regional IPM priorities for research and extension
- Teaching others how to use IPM to decrease risks associated with pest management developing capacity for growing food sustainably using IPM
The typical award amounts are:
- IPM Issues: up to $50,000 (and up to 24 months to complete).
- IPM Working Groups:
- up to $20,000 for a new two-year working group
- up to $10,000 for a one-year continuation
- up to $20,000 for a two-year continuation
- IPM Communications: up to $20,000.
There is a 24-month time limit on funded projects.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Public and private institutions or organizations, businesses, commodity groups, and private individuals are eligible to apply.
- Project Directors (PDs) must reside in the Northeast (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, PA, NJ, MD, WV, DE, and DC) or provide sufficient justification as to why they are seeking funds from outside their own region.
- Co-PDs may be from outside the region
- All applicants to the Partnership Program should convincingly show benefits to the Northeast region
- All applicants to the Partnership Program should convincingly show benefits to the region. If your project doesn’t show regional benefits, please consider applying to another program.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IPM Partnership Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.