Isabel Foundation Grant
Isabel FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $450,000
Deadline: Feb 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Isabel Foundation Grant
The Isabel Foundation was founded by Charles Stewart Harding Mott in the name of his wife, Isabel, and began making grants in 1998. Our mission is to support activities related to the faith of Christian Science. To this end we look for programs both established and new that embody the spirit of Isabel. She loved grace, youth, art, energy, freshness and the beauty of healing.
The majority of our funding (at least 75%) has been directed towards the promotion of Christian Science healing through grants to non-profit 501c(3) organizations such as:
- Christian Science nursing and related organizations
- Christian Science camps and related organizations
- Christian Science schools and related organizations
- Other organizations supporting Christian Science activities
- A variety of activities sponsored by the Mother Church as a way of sharing the universality of healing
In addition, we have also sponsored a small amount of trustee initiated grants that support non-Christian Science activities.
Multi-Year Pledge: A grant amount pledged for a specific number of years to a non-profit organization. No other grant proposals may be submitted during this period of time.
Matching or Challenge Grant: A grant that is made on the condition that other matching donations must be raised during a specific period of time. This type of grant requires written verification of the source, date, and amount of cash deposits received (not pledged) before Isabel funds are released. No other grant proposals may be submitted during this period of time.
Grants must be used for the purposes listed in the grant award letter. You may not allocate these funds for other purposes without our prior written approval.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- If your non-profit organization is located in the United States, registered as a 501c(3) with the IRS, and supports the healing ministry of Christian Science, then your non-profit group may be considered for a grant from the Isabel Foundation.
- Although the Isabel Foundation greatly appreciates the work of Christian Science branch churches and wishes we could fund their projects, we are not able to fund Christian Science branch churches at this time.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Isabel Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.