Island Foundation - Global Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Next deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2018, Dec 1, 2018, Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Preferred: Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: First, to determine if your request could be considered for funding by the Foundation, you may either call or write to the Foundation. If a Letter of Inquiry or Full Proposal is invited, it will be due by the deadlines listed above.
The Foundation supports projects in coastal areas of Maine, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island and selected international locations.
For the last two decades, the Foundation has focused a significant portion of its financial resources on Southeastern Massachusetts, where its office is located. Here the Board seeks to understand how communities grow sustainably and equitably, how to increase educational opportunities, how rural and urban economies are intertwined, and how to best protect working landscapes and the people who rely upon these areas for their livelihoods. In funding in a few specific areas, the Board believes it will have the most impact.
From local to global, we live in world where everything is interconnected. And by making connections to the issues it cares about, the Foundation is able to have an impact on change that supports a just and sustainable world.
The Foundation supports a small number of global programs that mirror the values in its other priority areas, and it also supports projects that:
- ensure the rights of indigenous peoples and women
- protect those most vulnerable to climate change
- empower local communities to drive their own development
- provide access to quality healthcare for the poor
- promote sexual and reproductive health education and rights
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Island Foundation supports 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Maine, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
- The Board funds some groups outside of these areas when their programs relate to work the Foundation is supporting within its programmatic and geographic priority areas.
- On a case-by-case basis, the Foundation provides funding to groups without nonprofit status that use a fiscal sponsor.
- The Island Foundation accepts both general operating and project-focused grant requests and occasionally makes multi- year grant commitments to organizations it has supported for many years.
- The Foundation seeks organizations that are innovative, well-regarded, sustainable, nondiscriminatory in any way, and able to demonstrate the impact of their work.
- The Foundation also gives preference to organizations based in and working within a community.
- The Foundation does not support proposals outside its priority areas (issue and/or geographic) or requests from individuals, for-profit businesses, or religious groups.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Island Foundation - Global Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.