Island Foundation New Bedford Grants
Island FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Jun 1, 2019, Sep 1, 2019, Dec 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Bristol County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: Preferred: Bristol County, Massachusetts Other eligible locations: MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Note: First, to determine if your request could be considered for funding by the Foundation, you may either call or write to the Foundation. If a Letter of Inquiry or Full Proposal is invited, it will be due by the deadlines listed above.
The Foundation supports projects in coastal areas of Maine, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island and selected international locations.
For the last two decades, the Foundation has focused a significant portion of its financial resources on Southeastern Massachusetts, where its office is located. Here the Board seeks to understand how communities grow sustainably and equitably, how to increase educational opportunities, how rural and urban economies are intertwined, and how to best protect working landscapes and the people who rely upon these areas for their livelihoods. In funding in a few specific areas, the Board believes it will have the most impact.
New Bedford Grantmaking
The Foundation works with organizations that promote progressive social change and combat discrimination in all its forms in New Bedford. In this historic city, the Foundation supports youth programs, community development, arts and culture, and basic needs. The Foundation funds groups that have community-wide recognition and support and demonstrate a positive vision for the present and future of New Bedford.
Within the New Bedford program area, the Board currently seeks proposals addressing:
- youth educational attainment, life skills, and career preparation, with an emphasis on workforce development for at-risk youth ages 16-24
- strategies to address food insecurity
- assistance for immigrants
- activities that increase civic engagement, access, and inclusion
- appreciation for for the history and cultures represented in this community
- professional development/capacity building for the nonprofit sector
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Island Foundation supports 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Massachusetts.
- On a case-by-case basis, the Foundation provides funding to groups without nonprofit status that use a fiscal sponsor.
- The Island Foundation accepts both general operating and project-focused grant requests and occasionally makes multi- year grant commitments to organizations it has supported for many years.
- The Foundation seeks organizations that are innovative, well-regarded, sustainable, nondiscriminatory in any way, and able to demonstrate the impact of their work.
- The Foundation also gives preference to organizations based in and working within a community, particularly in regards to the city of New Bedford.
- The Foundation does not support proposals outside its priority areas (issue and/or geographic) or requests from individuals, for-profit businesses, or religious groups.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Island Foundation New Bedford Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.