ISTM: Research Grants
International Society of Travel MedicineSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $40,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 5 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
ISTM is pleased to offer Travel Medicine Research Grants to ISTM Members each year. Grants are awarded through a peer-review process implemented by the ISTM Research and Awards Committee. The awards are designed to stimulate travel medicine research by supporting comprehensive research projects or, for larger projects, providing support for pilot studies to enable researchers to collect data/test hypotheses so that they can then apply to other agencies for more substantive research grants.
The ISTM has devoted special funding for research in resource-limited countries and emerging markets for the again this year. This funding is in addition to the annual research grant program already in place. The society is offering this additional research grant opportunity to address research gaps in our knowledge on health issues related to international travelers crossing borders between developing countries or from developing countries to developed countries. It is hoped that these grants will stimulate travel medicine research by supporting comprehensive research projects or, for larger projects, provide support for pilot studies to enable researchers to collect data or test hypotheses.
Typical awards will be in the range of USD 5,000 to USD 10,000 although a single grant up to USD
40,000 will be considered for exceptional proposals.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicant types are:
- new investigator (defined as less than 5 years practicing travel medicine or longer travel medicine practice with no prior research funding),
- physician, nurse or pharmacist in training; or
- undergraduate or post-graduate student (e.g., medical, MPH, MSc candidates, etc.).
- Research must be travel medicine or immigrant/refugee health oriented.
- Application and protocol proposal must be scientifically sound and must be in accordance with international ethical guidelines.
- There must be no conflicts of interest for any of the investigators who apply for research funding.
- Projects should be able to be realistically completed using ISTM grant funding alone.
- We will
consider co-funding of already partly funded projects if the other funding body explicitly has agreed to allow this
to be done .
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Grant applicants must be ISTM members in good standing.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ISTM: Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.