IWFA Scholarship Trust
International Women's Fishing Association
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Deadline: Mar 1, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The IWFA Scholarship Trust was established in 1965 to further one of the IWFA’s chartered objectives--promoting conservation. The IWFA Scholarship Trust is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization organized for the purpose of providing financial assistance to marine science graduate students. The Scholarship Trust is funded by individual contributions from IWFA members and other private donations.
IWFA Scholarship Trust has been established to provide financial aid to qualified graduate students of marine science. The Board of |Trustees will award scholarships each year in amounts up to $2,000 for the payment of tuition, university housing and other university charges. The Board of Trustees will award scholarships in such amounts and to such students as will be determined at its discretion.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The following criteria will be considered:
- The candidates for a scholarship must be matriculated (or accepted for matriculation) at a recognized university in the United States or its territorial possessions and pursuing a course of study leading to a graduate degree in one of the marine sciences.
- Only candidates approved as proper recipients for scholarship aid by the faculty of the university he or she attends, or is about to attend, will be considered.
- The personal qualification which will be considered will include, but not be limited to, evidence of general aptitude and ability in the area of study, the character of the candidate, and his of her previous academic accomplishments. The Trustees will also consider the candidate’s relative need for the award when compared with that of other candidates.
- No preference will be granted to any candidate by reason of any relationship which that candidate may have to a member of the IWFA.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IWFA Scholarship Trust by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.