Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation: Health & Mental Health and Educational Opportunity Grant Programs
Blaustein Philanthropic GroupSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $15,000 - US $225,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project
Location of project: Baltimore city, Maryland
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation promotes social justice and human rights through its five program areas: Jewish life, strengthening Israeli democracy, health and mental health, educational opportunity, and human rights. Support is provided to organizations in the United States and abroad.
The Foundation supports organizations that promote systemic change, involve constituents in planning and decision-making, encourage volunteer and professional development and engage in ongoing program evaluation.
Health & Mental Health Program Area
The goal of this program is to promote quality health and mental health care for underserved individuals. There is a geographic focus on Baltimore.
The Foundation seeks to:
- address the health and mental health needs of low-income children and seniors through sustainable programs designed to meet service gaps
- support local and national advocacy and public policy initiatives to ensure access to quality care for low-income families
- address environmental health issues
The Foundation supports innovative service provision in community-based settings, programs using evidence-based practices, and professional development.
Educational Opportunity Program Area
The goal of this program is to ensure that low-income children and families have access to quality education and cultural opportunities. There is a geographic focus on Baltimore.
The Foundation seeks to:
- strengthen public education, with an emphasis on improving instruction
- support local advocacy and policy initiatives that advance quality education for all
- nurture high-quality community arts programs that engage diverse audiences
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- For both program areas, there is a geographic focus on Baltimore.
- Grantees must be nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and organized and operated for charitable purposes.
- Organizations with fiscal sponsors are also eligible to apply.
- The foundations make a limited number of capital grants, generally only when there is a prior relationship with the applicant organization
- Under the Educational Opportunity Program Area, the Foundation generally does not provide support for individual public, parochial or independent schools.
- The foundations do not provide support for:
- Grants or scholarships to individuals
- Unsolicited proposals for academic, scientific or medical research
- Direct mail, annual giving, membership campaigns, special events, fundraising events
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation: Health & Mental Health and Educational Opportunity Grant Programs by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.