Jean M. Walker Grant
The Miccio FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Next deadline: May 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Nov 1, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Iowa
Location of residency: IowaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The aim of the Miccio Foundation's Jean M. Walker Fund is to raise public awareness to improve the humane treatment of animals, including promoting actions to end the cruel and inhumane treatment of animals. The primary focus is companion animals but we will consider all requests. Therefore, the Jean M. Walker Fund will award financial support to individuals and organizations
- providing educational programming on the humane treatment of animals and/or
- taking action to end inhumane treatment of animals, particularly the abuse and suffering of companion animals bred under inhumane conditions.
Grants within the humane education category can be used to support:
- mass media campaigns on animal welfare;
- educational programming in K-12 schools;
- culturally-sensitive educational programming in communities;
- continuing education for shelter staff and volunteers specific to their role as educators; and
- other proposals within the scope of humane education as it applies to overpopulation, care, or the need to adopt.
Grants within the category of ending inhumane treatment of companion animals can be used to support:
- animal cruelty workshops for the public;
- media campaigns to end puppy mills and other dog breeding under inhumane conditions;
- media and database projects documenting breeding facility conditions, dog fighting, abuse, outcomes of court cases, and/or anti-cruelty laws;
- staff training in prevention and investigation of animal cruelty; and
- other proposals within the scope of ending inhumane treatment of companion animals.
Projects of greatest interest are those that include:
- A measurable impact on improving animal welfare in a target community.
- Areas of the state in which resources for animals are limited or unavailable.
- Exemplary projects that can subsequently be imitated by others.
- The potential to create public awareness and positive attitudes, as well as promote actions to end the cruel and inhumane treatment of animals.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation will award a Jean M. Walker grant to 501c3 organizations regardless of IDALS licensing.
- Grants will generally be made to 501c3 organizations classified as public charities, educational and animal welfare organizations, municipalities, and community service groups.
- Grants are limited to programs and projects that address the wellbeing of Iowa animals.
- We will not support activities inconsistent with federal, state or local laws/ordinances.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Jean M. Walker Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.