Jean Theodore Lacordaire Prize
Grant amount: US $300
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Coleopterists Society is an international organization devoted to the study of all aspects of systematics and biology of beetles of the world.
The Lacordaire Prize gives annual recognition to the finest work by young Coleopterists. The Prize represents the attainment of the highest achievement for Ph.D. dissertation research based on the biology and evolution of beetles. Each year, the Lacordaire Prize will be awarded to the author of the best paper dealing with the systematics or biology of Coleoptera based upon a doctoral dissertation published in the preceding calendar year. Nominations are open to papers whose primary subject is some aspect of Coleoptera systematics or biology, published in a widely distributed, paper and ink format publication available by subscription (journal) or sale (book).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nominations are accepted from the scientific community at-large and a distinguished panel of world leaders of the coleopterist community.
- Nominations are open to papers:
- whose primary subject is some aspect of Coleoptera systematics or biology,
- published in a widely distributed, paper and ink format publication available by subscription (journal) or sale (book), AND
- based upon a doctoral dissertation published in the preceding calendar year.
- Publications in any language using the Latin alphabet are acceptable.
- Only single authored papers are eligible or papers that are co-authored when a second, and junior, author is the student's major advisor.
- In this latter case, the Prize will be awarded only to the former student and not the advisor.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Jean Theodore Lacordaire Prize by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.