Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation Grant
Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $35,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Livingston County, Missouri Other eligible locations: Missouri
Location of residency: Preferred: Livingston County, Missouri Other eligible locations: MissouriView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The foundation supports agricultural, educational, and athletic activities in memory of the Jerry Litton family. Primary focus is given to Chillicothe and Livingston County, but support may be provided to other qualified projects within the state.
The Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation is a private foundation established in honor of Jerry Litton, son of Charley and Mildred Litton, and his family, all of Chillicothe, Missouri. The Foundation’s Articles of Incorporation allow it to consider grant proposals for a broad range of projects and goals, but all grants made must be used for exclusively literary, educational and charitable purposes.
The Foundation prefers to support efforts that particularly benefit the Chillicothe and Livingston County community, where Jerry Litton and his family lived their lives. The Foundation encourages projects that are well thought out, have clearly defined objectives, and demonstrate strong community ties.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation makes grants only to organizations that are classified as either (1) "public charities" under Code Section 509(a)(1) or (2) or (2) "exempt operating foundations" described in Code Section 4940(d)(2).
- In accordance with the wishes of its creators, the Foundation will give grant priority to:
- Programs benefiting or providing for agricultural education, primarily in Chillicothe and Livingston County, but also throughout the state of Missouri.
- Support of the Litton Stadium at Chillicothe High School, the Smithville Visitors Center, and similar activities, such as the Litton Agricultural Center.
- Support of annual scholarships at Chillicothe High School, to be awarded to outstanding FFA students and other outstanding students exhibiting leadership qualities and high achievement
- The Foundation does not make grants to for-profit entities, or for the purpose of carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation.
- The Foundation does not directly or indirectly participate in or intervene (including the publishing or distributing of statements) in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.
- Generally, Foundation does not make grants to an organization that is controlled by any director or officer of the Foundation.
- Further, the Foundation will not make a grant to any organization for scholarship purposes if any director or officer of the Foundation has control over the grantee organization's selection of the scholarship recipients.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.