Jessie Smith Noyes Grants (except Sustainable New York City)
Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $45,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We envision a socially just and environmentally sustainable society in which all people are able to gain the knowledge and build the power they need to exercise their rights and participate fully in the economic, social and political decisions that affect their lives and communities.
The Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation is a diverse and inclusive organization working for a more equitable society. We consistently challenge structural racism, gender inequality, and discrimination based on ethnicity, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, economic status, physical ability, gender, immigration and immigration status. We seek to open channels of opportunities for those who are systemically denied.
We believe that people, not corporations, have inalienable rights. The Foundation builds the power of people — those most impacted and those who have been marginalized — to be actively involved in advancing solutions to the problems they face.
We believe in an environmentally just earth in which all species have the right to co-exist.
Theory of Change
We understand that social change occurs over a period of time through a combination of strategies, forces and events - small and large, planned and unplanned.
We recognize the special role of diverse, inclusive and democratically controlled grassroots movements, predominately made up of those directly impacted. The people and organizations in social movements collectively develop a vision of and paths towards lasting change. They are the best advocates to build public support and community understanding.
We believe that grassroots movements are among the strongest forces in our society to hold public policy makers and private corporations accountable.
Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation makes grants to tax-exempt organizations with 501(c)(3) classifications from the Internal Revenue Service for work within the United States.
- We seek out organizations led by people of color and/or working in low income communities.
- We support efforts to develop the leadership skills of, and foster the participation by, low income people and people of color.
- We make grants throughout the United States in both rural and urban communities.
- We prefer to make general support grants and do not limit the number of renewal grants.
- We believe this helps organizations increase and sustain their effectiveness.
- We encourage requests that address multiple priorities, as well as those that bring together organizations and activists from diverse movements.
- The Foundation:
- will not consider requests for endowments, capital construction, general fundraising, deficit financing or loans or grants to individuals
- does not make grants for scholarships or fellowships, except as part of the Foundation’s Everybody At The Table for Health (EAT4Health) Initiative
- does not make grants for research or give support to conferences, seminars, media events, or workshops unless they are an integral part of a broader program
- does not generally make grants for college and university based programs
- does not provide support for the production and development of television and media programming
- does not fund NARAL Pro-Choice America or Planned Parenthood affiliate
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Jessie Smith Noyes Grants (except Sustainable New York City) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.