Jessup and McHenry Awards
Academy of Natural Sciences
Grant amount: US $750 - US $6,000
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: Philadelphia County, PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Applicants for grants will be considered in March and October of each year.
- International applicants should apply at least 6 months prior to their desired start date;
- Domestic applicants should apply at least 3 months prior to their desired start date.
Jessup funds are awarded competitively to students wishing to conduct studies at the postgraduate, doctoral and postdoctoral levels under the supervision or sponsorship of a member of the curatorial staff of the Academy. The Awards are not available for undergraduate study. Such studies may be in any specialty in which these curators have expertise. The McHenry Fund is similarly intended, but is restricted to botanists.
Please note that awards are restricted to those who wish to conduct their study here at the Academy. Requests for further information about the Fellowships should include whenever possible a return email address. Further, such requests will only be considered when submitted with a letter of support from your thesis supervisor.
The minimum duration of an award is two (2) weeks; the maximum is sixteen (16) weeks. Costs for round-trip travel, lodging, scientific supplies, and equipment are negotiable and should be included in the application materials.
A Jessup-McHenry student is expected to give a seminar after his or her arrival, and is encouraged to publish his/her work accomplished at the Academy.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Students wishing to conduct studies at the postgraduate, doctoral and postdoctoral levels under the supervision or sponsorship of a member of the curatorial staff of the Academy.
- Such studies may be in any specialty in which these curators have expertise
- These awards are intended to assist predoctoral and postdoctoral students within several years of receiving their Ph.D's.
- Awards are restricted to those who wish to conduct their study here at the Academy.
- The Awards are not available for undergraduate study.
- Students commuting within the Philadelphia area are ineligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Jessup and McHenry Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.