Joan Burchell Fund Grant
Gorge Community FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2021
Grant amount: Up to US $11,700
Fields of work: Food Access & Hunger Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Oregon: Gilliam County, Hood River County, Sherman County, Wasco County, Counties in Washington: Klickitat County, Skamania County Show all
Location of residency: Oregon, WashingtonView website Save
About this funder:
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the Joan Burchell Fund has changed its guidelines for 2020. The 2020 grant cycle is specifically requesting proposals from organizations addressing increased food insecurity in the Columbia River Gorge exacerbated by the coronavirus outbreak.
Grants will be to nonprofit agencies directly engaged in providing food to children, families and seniors whose needs are increased by the current situation. Organizations that receive support should be able to demonstrate that they are addressing these needs and are effectively able to use funding to acquire and disseminate services.
Fund to augment the Burchell Fund, in this grant cycle the total available for granting is $13,340 and proposals will be accepted for any amount up to that total.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only nonprofit agencies located or operating within the Columbia River Gorge area, specifically— Klickitat and Skamania counties in Washington State and Hood River, Wasco, Sherman and Gilliam counties in Oregon—are eligible for funding.
- The grant recipient must be a 501(c)(3) organization or operating under the umbrella of such an organization.
- The agency must have complied with reporting requirements on any grant previously awarded by the Foundation.
- In the selection of grant recipients, priority will be given to proposals with some combination of the following characteristics:
- o Meet clearly demonstrated need
- o Are innovative and creative
- o Provide the maximum impact for the dollars expended
- o Encourage collaboration
- • Grant recipients are expected to comply with reporting requirements in order to be eligible for any future grants.
- Proposals for capital campaigns, loan or debt retirement will not be considered.