John A. Beale Memorial Award
Society of American Foresters (SAF)
Grant amount: US $500
Deadline: Mar 15, 2018
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Society Of American Foresters is active and engaged on a wide variety of issues that impact both public and private forests, rural and urban environments, and all landscapes in between. Although specific topic areas may shift, SAF is committed to advancing policies and partnerships that support sustainable forest management and empower forestry and natural resources professionals.
The mission of the Society of American Foresters is:
- to advance sustainable management of forest resources through science, education, and technology
- to enhance the competency of its members
- to establish professional excellence
- to use our knowledge, skills, and conservation ethic to ensure the continued health, integrity, and use of forests to benefit society in perpetuity.
SAF’s objective was “to further the cause of forestry in America by:
- fostering a spirit of comradeship among foresters
- creating opportunities for a free interchange of views upon forestry and allied subjects
- by disseminating a knowledge of the purpose and achievements of forestry.”
John A. Beale Memorial Award recognizes outstanding efforts over a sustained period of time, by an SAF member, in the promotion of forestry through voluntary service to the Society. The award is presented during the SAF national convention and includes an honorarium of $500, a complimentary SAF convention registration, and up to $500 to cover travel expenses.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nominees must be members of the SAF.
- Nominees must demonstrate a strong continuing commitment to volunteer work supporting the SAF and its members which furthers the cause of forestry.
- Evaluation will be based on:
- Leadership in volunteer work supporting SAF
- Promotion of forestry
- Evidence of outstanding efforts over a sustained period of time
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Nominees must be members of the SAF.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the John A. Beale Memorial Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.