John Ben Snow Memorial Trust Grant
John Ben Snow Memorial Trust
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $25,000
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2018 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Dec 31, 2018 (Letter of inquiry), Apr 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Preferred: Nevada, New Jersey, New York Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: Preferred: Nevada, New Jersey, New York Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: The Memorial Trust will periodically consider off-cycle grant proposals between July 1st and December 1st for projects whose timing does not fall within the standard grant application cycle outlined above. The grant seeker must contact the Memorial Trust and obtain approval prior to submitting an off-cycle grant proposal.
The John Ben Snow Memorial Trust strategically focuses funding within specific geographic regions of the United States across a range of program areas as detailed below while responding to the ever-changing needs of various segments of the population, especially to the needs of youth and people who are disadvantaged either physically or economically.
- Arts and Culture: This program offers grants that promote arts education and appreciation, particularly for young adults, via the development of educational curriculum, instruction, visiting artists, and performance support.
- Community Initiatives: This program provides funding for programs or services that directly improve the quality of life within the Central New York community.
- Examples include support for:
- literacy programs
- food pantries and shelters, and
- neighborhood revitalization
- Education Program: This program targets funds to organizations that provide educational opportunities or academic assistance to individuals who demonstrate an intellectual aptitude as well as a financial need.
- Examples include:
- academic counseling and services
- Environmental: This program provides funds for organizations that strive to protect strategic parcels of land and bodies of water as well as programs that educate the general public on key environmental issues such as:
- endangered species, and
- water management.
- Historic Preservation: This program provides funding for organizations that preserve historical artifacts (e.g. sites, structures, objects) and accounts (e.g. events), and educate the greater community on their significance.
- Examples include:
- historical societies and
- educational programming
- Journalism: This program targets funds for programs that impact or advance the area of journalism. Examples include summer workshops, journalism scholarships, and literary recognition.
- Disabilities and Universal Access: This program offers grants to organizations in complying with ADA requirements within their facilities (e.g. elevator, hand rails, automatic doors, and ramps) or offering services targeted for disabled individuals, either physically, mentally, or emotionally.
- Youth Initiatives: This area of grant making offers grants that build character education via mentoring, after-school programming, artistic expression, camp scholarships, or sports.
There are no minimums or maximum grant amounts; however, most grants range from $10,000 to $25,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The John Ben Snow Memorial Trust seeks grant proposals from qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations.
- It is the Memorial Trust’s general policy to give preference to proposals seeking funds for:
- new or enhanced programs
- one-time, short-term grants to sustain a program until funding is stabilized
- matching grants used to encourage the participation of other donors, and
- “last dollars” towards a capital campaign
- The Memorial Trust will not accept proposals from individuals or for-profit organizations.
- Additionally, the Memorial Trust does not encourage proposals from:
- religious organizations
- government agencies, or
- proposals for:
- contingency funding, or
- debt reduction
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the John Ben Snow Memorial Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.