John Gogian Family Foundation Grants Program
John Gogian Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $20,000 - US $35,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Aug 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Los Angeles County, California
Location of residency: Los Angeles County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The John Gogian Family Foundation is a private charitable foundation dedicated to supporting community-based organizations that enhance the quality of people’s lives in Los Angeles County. We are committed to providing a positive and lasting impact in the lives of abused and neglected youth, seniors, and the developmentally disabled, by enabling a safe and stable environment in which they can live and grow.
The John Gogian Family Foundation supports organizations whose mission is to provide services and solutions for
- Developmentally Disabled Adults and Children
- Vulnerable Seniors
- Abused, Neglected, and Disadvantaged Youth
The Foundation funds organizations that provide services to abused and neglected youth who are living in out-of-home placement or with a pending threat of out-of-home placement. In addition, the Foundation supports organizations that provide mentoring and academic support.
Types of Support
The Foundation makes grants for the following:
- General operating support for organizations:
- Which have received JGFF funding a minimum of two times
- Whose mission is aligned with the Foundation’s program areas
- Whose activities are solely conducted within Los Angeles County
- Programs: new, expanding, or sustaining
- Capital expenditures: improvements, equipment, and vehicles
The Foundation’s grants range from $5,000 to $20,000. Grants to new organizations are usually $15,000 for the first year.
An organization may apply for and receive a grant annually for up to three consecutive years. Thereafter it must refrain from applying for at least one year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered for a grant from the John Gogian Family Foundation, organizations must:
- Have annual revenue between $1 million and $8 million. Organizations outside these parameters will not be considered.
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, certified by the Internal Revenue Service as tax-exempt
- Be physically located in Los Angeles County and provide services to adults and/or children within Los Angeles County
- Provide an independent audited financial statement if the organization’s annual income is $2 million or more.
- If the organization’s annual income is between $1 and $2 million, either an independent audited financial statement or an independent financial compilation is required.
- Be non-sectarian.
- A religiously affiliated group may operate a program, but participation must be open to anyone and be non-discriminatory.
- The service delivery must be free of worship and religious teaching.
- Not discriminate in hiring staff or providing services on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, or disability
- What we do not fund:
- Annual fundraisers
- Arts and culture
- Care of animals
- Fundraising events
- National organizations or their affiliates
- Political campaigns or projects designed to influence legislation
- Sectarian purposes
- Summer camps
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the John Gogian Family Foundation Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.