John Krakauer Charitable Trust Grant
John Krakauer Charitable TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 28, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: San Diego County, California, Clark County, Nevada
Location of residency: California, NevadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
About the Foundation
The John Krakauer Charitable Trust was established in 2012 to fulfill the donor’s philanthropic vision of supporting programs that have a measurable impact on people’s lives. His philanthropy was guided by charitable organizations that exemplify one or more of the following core values:
- Mission-Centered - Nonprofits that live their mission daily, visibly and consistently. The mission is more than a statement on a piece of paper, rather it is visible everywhere in the organization.
- Innovation - Nonprofits that think boldly and look beyond how things have always been done to imagine effective solutions to the unique challenges of those they serve.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - A nonprofit's spirit of taking informed, responsible risk to identify or create an opportunity and take action aimed at realizing it.
- Impact - Nonprofits that achieve ambitious, measurable results in pursuit of their vision.
- Passion - Nonprofits with board and staff leadership that have a passion and unwavering commitment for their mission.
- Collaboration - Nonprofits that embrace sharing knowledge and taking collective action to strengthen all parties and effectively leverage resources to achieve common objectives and amplify desired impact.
To support programs of 501(c)(3) public charities that have a measurable impact on people's lives, with a focus on education, health, and human services in Las Vegas, Nevada and San Diego County, California.
- Human services
Types of support
Program support, capacity building, scholarship programs.
Capacity building is not general operating support. Capacity building is defined as the ability of nonprofits to fulfill their missions in an effective manner. Capacity building grants may include but are not limited to technology or equipment purchases, professional development, technical assistance, etc.
Grants from the John Krakauer Charitable Trust are guided by the donor’s philanthropic vision to support programs that have a measurable impact on people’s lives, with a focus on education, health, and human services in Las Vegas, Nevada and San Diego County, California. Charitable organizations that are mission-centered, innovative, entrepreneurial, impactful, passionate, and collaborative exemplify the core values of the donor’s philanthropy.
Average grant size for the first time grantee: $10,000.00
Larger grants may be awarded to repeat grantees based on the impact made by the prior funding.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- States served: Nevada and California
- Geographic limitations: Las Vegas, Nevada and San Diego County, California.
- Grantmaking Priorities
- Charitable focus areas include:
- Programs, or capacity building for programs/nonprofits, that support the needs of single mothers in southern Nevada or San Diego, California, in which the single mothers are demonstrating clear efforts to support themselves and reach self-sufficiency.
- Programs or scholarships that support unconventional methods of educating low-income children who live in southern Nevada or San Diego, California.
- Programs or activities not covered by standard education budgets.
- Programs, or capacity building for programs/nonprofits, that provide healthcare services to indigents in southern Nevada or San Diego, California with chronic disease.
- The foundation does not fund:
- General operating support
- Multi-year grants.
- Capacity building is not general operating support.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the John Krakauer Charitable Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.