Johnson County Community Foundation Grant
East Tennessee FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 11, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Johnson County, Tennessee
Location of residency: Johnson County, TennesseeView website Save
About this funder:
Johnson County Community Foundation
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
The Johnson County Community Foundation was established through the work of the Johnson County Champion Community Committee and the generous gifts of time, vision and resources by a group of Johnson County residents committed to strengthening communities and improving the quality of life in Johnson County. The Foundation will support programs and projects that build community goodwill, seek to solve community challenges, and produce results that improve the quality of life for all citizens of Johnson County.
Areas of Focus
Successful applicants will propose innovative projects or programs that:
- Make a significant contribution to the health and welfare of Johnson County and utilize its unique assets
- Directly benefit families, women, and/or children
- Provide educational and cultural opportunities
- Support community or economic development, historic preservation, and/or environmental enhancement
- Build the capacity of the organization and its leadership to more effectively carry out its mission
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following:
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government , or educational institution
- New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor
- Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Legal name of organization, address and contact information (phone fax, email address)
- Primary contact person and title
- List of staff administering the project
- Most recent financial statements and/or most recent audit and/or IRS Form 990
- Current year operating budget
- List of current board of directors or equivalent governing body
- Confirmation that the organization operates and is organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or other characteristics as identified in the Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
- Additional eligibility criteria specific to JCCF:
- Applicant organizations must:
- have a local presence in Johnson County;
- directly serve people who live and work in Johnson County; and
- must have Johnson County citizen involvement in the organization as volunteers, staff or board members
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 30% of the funding requested
- Required: funds requested must have a 20% match. Match may be in cash or in-kind donations.
- The following types of requests will NOT be funded:
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
- Grants to individuals
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Johnson County Community Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.