Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation - Environmental Education Grants
Johnson Ohana Charitable FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $20,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Australia, California, Hawaii Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Preferred: Australia, California, Hawaii Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: The Johnson Ohana Foundation seeks grant applications by invitation only and does not accept unsolicited proposals. If, after careful review of the Grants page, you feel that your organization’s mission is a close match to our grantmaking focus, you may send a short email about your program or organization to info [at] johnsonohana [dot] org. Due to the large number of inquiries we receive we cannot guarantee a reply or grant consideration.
About the Foundation
The Johnson Ohana Foundation is a non-profit public charity founded in 2008 by musician Jack Johnson, and his wife Kim, to promote positive and lasting change within communities by supporting organizations that focus on environmental, art, and music education.
The Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation supports organizations with strong community involvement. We are most interested in funding organizations that work creatively toward solution-based approaches to environmental or societal problems, with a commitment to long-term and lasting change. The Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation primarily supports smaller organizations working on issues relevant to their own local communities.
We fund groups that focus on one of three central themes:
- Environmental Education
- Arts Education for Youth
- Music Education for Youth
The Johnson Ohana Foundation seeks out innovative non-profits that actively engage youth and/or volunteers in projects that provide measurable benefit to the environment and/or the community.
Fields of Interest
The Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation regularly supports organizations that work in the following fields of interest and in addition, chooses a specific funding theme that varies periodically:
- Oceans/ Rivers/ Watersheds
- Plastic Free Initiatives
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Living
- Sustainable Local Food Systems
- Farm to School Programs
- Tree Planting/Restoration
- Conservation Programs (energy, waste, water)
Current Funding Theme
- Plastic Free Initiative
Art & Music Education
View the grant page for the foundation's Art & Music Education programs here.
The Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation awards grants ranging from $2500 to $20,000. Grants can be directed to specific programs or to general operating expenses.
Grant Review Process
Environmental Education grants are reviewed in the spring.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Johnson Ohana Foundation awards grants to charitable organizations that have been recognized by the IRS as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (or CAFAmerica approved foreign charities).
- The Johnson Ohana Foundation funds environmental groups worldwide, with a special emphasis on California, Hawaii, and Australia.
- Charities outside of the United States will need to first be approved by CAFAmerica in order for the Foundation to make grant suggestions.
- A majority of our grants are awarded for a single year but we do on occasion award multi-year grants for up to a 3-year period. Multi-year grants are usually awarded to non-profits with which we have built a strong relationship and are generally associated with projects focusing on the current funding theme.
- We do not award grants to individuals, for endowment funds, or for political or fundraising campaigns.
- We typically do not sponsor community or fundraising events.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation - Environmental Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.