Jones-Lovich Grant in Southwestern Herpetology
The Herpetologists' LeagueSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Dec 4, 2020 5:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $1,000
Fields of work: Herpetology
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah Show all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
The Herpetologists’ League is pleased to announce an annual competitive grant for graduate student research. This award is named in honor of Lawrence L. C. Jones and Robert E. Lovich, editors of the 2009 book “Lizards of the American Southwest: A Photographic Field Guide.” All proceeds from the book are donated to the Herpetologists’ League in support of this grant.
This award will be presented to one winner who is studying the amphibians or
reptiles of the North American Southwest, including the southwestern United States or
northwestern Mexico. This research can focus on any aspect of amphibian or reptile biology,
including behavior, conservation, ecology, physiology, or morphology and systematics.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of The Herpetologists’ League
- Both M.S. and Ph.D. graduate students are eligible.
- The applicant must be registered and in good standing in a degree-granting program.
- One proposal is allowed per applicant per year.
- The project must be original work that is authored and conducted by the applicant.
- The research must involve amphibians or reptiles that occur in the southwestern United States and northwestern Mexico.
- The animals’ distribution must include at least one of the following states:
- New Mexico
- Baja California
- Baja California Sur
- Nuevo Leon
- San Luis Potosi
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. The applicant must be a member in good standing of The Herpetologists’ League.
- Previous winners may not reapply.
- Projects that are already fully supported by other sources are not eligible.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”