Joseph Kennard Skilling Trust Grant
Joseph Kennard Skilling TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Other eligible locations: Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Preferred: Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Other eligible locations: PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
About the Foundation
Joseph Kennard Skilling was a kind and generous person who cared greatly about his fellow man. In 1963 while still living, Mr. Skilling made the decision to share his wealth by leaving a memorial through the creation of this trust. Although he passed away in 1974, Mr. Skilling’s generosity continues to touch the lives of those in the Philadelphia community, and will continue to do so in perpetuity.
To provide support to social welfare agencies for programs benefiting the citizens of the community of Philadelphia.
- The overall effectiveness of the proposed program.
- The professionalism and the ability of the organization to deliver the program with a measurable outcome.
- The ability of the organization’s management to manage the program effectively, including proper financial controls.
- The necessity rating of the program in the community.
- Arts, culture, and humanities
- Human services
- International/foreign affairs
- Public/society benefit
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grants are limited to charitable non-profit organizations.
- Although there are no geographic limitations, the trust has a practice of supporting organizations primarly located within the community of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Preference is given to requests for the following:
- Care and support of the elderly
- Children and youth at risk
- Spousal and child abuse
- Rehabilitation of the homeless
- Care and help for the physically and mentally impaired
- Education programs for disadvantaged youth and adults
- Family support, education, and counseling
- The foundation typically does not fund requests for:
- Building, construction and reconstruction projects.
- Equipment, unless for the education of disadvantaged youths.
- Hospital and health care organizations whose primary income is from third party reimbursement, but expends less than 40% of that revenue for indigent care.
- Scholarships to private schools without special programs, who do not serve a large percentage of youth at risk.
- Physical therapy programs, unless associated with the permanently handicapped.
- National organizations and their affiliated branches.
- Religious organizations, unless for education of disadvantaged youth, elderly, or for homeless programs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Joseph Kennard Skilling Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.