Josephine de Karman Fellowship
Josephine de Karman Fellowship TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2021 11:59pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student PhD Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust was established in 1954 by the late Dr. Theodore von Karman, world renowned aeronautics expert and teacher and first director of the Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology, in memory of his sister, Josephine, who died in 1951. The purpose of this fellowship program is to recognize and assist students whose scholastic achievements reflect professor von Karmans high standards.
Approximately eight (8) dissertation fellowships, in the amount of $25,000 each, will be awarded for the regular academic year (fall and spring semesters or the equivalent where the quarterly system prevails), paid through the fellowship office of the university in which the recipient is enrolled for study in the United States. Study must be carried out only in the United States and all funds must be expended only within this country.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Fellowships are open to students in any discipline, including international students, who are currently enrolled in a university or college located within the United States.
- Students who are not citizens of the United States may apply if they are already enrolled in a university located in the United States and if they will be in the United States by the July preceding the fall semester of the academic year for which they have enrolled.
- Study must be carried out only in the United States and all funds must be expended only within this country.
- The fellowship is for one academic year and may not be renewed or postponed.
- Only PhD candidates who will defend their dissertation in or about June 2021 are eligible for consideration for a 2020-2021 fellowship.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants in the Humanities.
- Undergraduate students, master’s degree students, and postdoctoral scholars are not eligible for consideration.
- No university overhead may be applied to the fellowship award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Josephine de Karman Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.