Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation Grant
Josephine S. Gumbiner FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $35,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Los Angeles County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of the Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation is to enrich the lives of women and children in Long Beach.
Established in 1989, the Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation (JSGF) supports organizations that enrich the lives of women and children in Long Beach. Examples of programs we have supported include organizations providing temporary and transitional housing, after-school tutoring and mentoring, cultural enrichment, pre-K education, parental involvement, job training and mental/dental/health care, with a special emphasis on intervention, prevention and direct services. We provide general operating and program-specific support.
The Board of Directors of the Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation meets four (4) times each calendar year to review policies and procedures, the progress of programs previously funded, and to consider new grant requests. The board reviews approximately 60 grant applications each year.
The Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation preserves its founder’s spirit of community involvement and service through charitable giving.
The foundation is primarily interested in awarding grants of $5,000 to $35,000 to charitable organizations whose projects further the foundation’s aims and objectives of serving women and children in Long Beach. The average grant amount is $15,000, although larger grants are sometimes awarded for major projects. The foundation may elect to distribute the designated funds in a series of payments over the life of the project.
Nonprofit organizations are eligible for funding once in a twelve-month period. An organization may apply for and receive a grant annually, for up to three consecutive years. Thereafter, it must refrain from applying for twelve months. Requests for repeat or continued funding must be resubmitted on an annual basis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant applications will be accepted from tax-exempt organizations as defined by 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The first step in applying for funding from the JSGF is to respond to the following four prescreening questions:
- Will your program serve to enrich the lives of women and children in the Long Beach area?
- Would at least 75% of the Long Beach program participants come from, or would state that they reside in Long Beach?
- Is your program open to all faiths?
- Is participation in any and all of the offered religious activities clearly optional?
- Organizations with net assets of less than $10,000,000 will be given preference, as determined by line 22 of their most recently filed IRS Form 990.
- The foundation does not make grants to individuals, political campaigns, lobbying efforts, programs that supplant traditional schooling or pass through organizations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.