Kalliopeia Foundation Grant
Kalliopeia FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: We find most of our grantee partners through our networks, field research, and at gatherings, and we accept proposals by invitation only. If you feel your work is strongly aligned with our mission, you can send a brief email telling us about your work at [email protected]
Reconnecting Ecology, Culture, and Spirituality
Kalliopeia Foundation is responding to a call – a global challenge – to take spiritual as well as physical responsibility for our common home. Our projects and those we support engage with contemporary issues at their root, with the understanding that ecological, cultural, and spiritual renewal are interdependent.
We envision a future rooted in fundamental values, such as compassion, respect, dignity, reverence for nature, and care for each other and the Earth. Our work strives to embody the following core principles:
- Life Is Sacred
- Honoring all life as sacred; expressing reverence for one another, the Earth, and life as a whole.
- Approaching ecology, culture, and spirituality as inextricably interdependent.
- Generating creative ideas and outcomes through simple, meaningful engagement with others and the Earth.
- Embracing an ethic of care – the essential and natural aspiration to respond to needs beyond our own.
We support individuals and programs that model cultural and ecological renewal rooted in reverent connection to a sacred, living Earth.
We support, connect, and lift up extraordinary projects and leaders who are modeling powerful ways to reconnect ecology, culture, and spirituality
Our grant program prioritizes creative work that has both a powerful local effect and inspires others on a broader scale, strengthening the emerging community of leaders working at the confluence of ecology, culture, and spirituality.
We seek out and support projects of different sizes and scope, with particular emphasis on leadership, capacity, and field-building. We provide both general operating support and project support grants, depending on the particular need. Grant decisions are guided by our mission and rooted in relationships of trust.
There is vastly more good work in this field than we can support.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We prioritize organizations and projects that:
- are US-based;
- have leadership that is both visionary and grounded;
- foster leadership in others, especially among younger generations and across generations;
- are well-managed, with clear results;
- use communications to connect and inspire beyond a single community.
- Please note that we do not prioritize organizations or projects that
- focus singularly on either ecological, spiritual, or cultural renewal without expression of their interconnection, or
- whose impact and story don’t translate beyond a niche audience: e.g., academia, specific religious communities.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kalliopeia Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.