Kanawha and Ohio River Valleys Program
Virginia Environmental Endowment
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2018 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Kentucky, West Virginia
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Currently limited to the Kanawha and Ohio River Valleys of Kentucky and West Virginia, this program supports research, education, and community action on water quality and the effects of water pollution on public health and the environment. Emphasis is given to collaboration by citizens, government, and industry to develop effective public policies and to increasing public participation in water quality monitoring and watershed management.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Endowment makes grants to nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organizations and institutions and to governmental agencies.
- Projects are required to have matching funds in amounts equal to or in excess of the grant request. Challenge grants may be offered to provide leverage in fundraising.
- Grants must align with the mission and priorities of the Virginia Environmental Endowment.
- VEE encourages requests for specific projects that promise
measurable results to improve the environment.
- Grant funds are not provided for general support, overhead, indirect costs, capital projects, land purchases, building construction or renovation, endowments, lawsuits, or to individuals.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kanawha and Ohio River Valleys Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.