Key Biscayne Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Location of project: Miami-Dade County, Florida
Location of residency: Miami-Dade County, FloridaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
At the Key Biscayne Community Foundation, we strive for our grants to create real and lasting impact within the local and greater community. By creating an impact everyone can feel, KBCF is dedicated to making and facilitating change in Miami-Dade County, elsewhere in the U.S., and around the world. Through our discretionary grants, as well as the donor recommended grants, we have provided grants for everything from art programs for children hospitalized with cancer to healthy aging opportunities for seniors, and from disaster relief for Haiti post-earthquake to the Key Biscayne Citizen Scientist Program. The goal of the Key Biscayne Community Foundation is to use evidence-based programming to extend the reach of residents on the Key to the greater community, creating a lasting impact on families in need, and the environment.
KBCF Impact Goals Include:
- Create change in the way community problems are addressed and solutions are implemented.
- Respond to emerging or changing needs through the provision of services or programs.
- Strengthen the capabilities of nonprofit agencies both in the delivery of programs and in organizational management, so that the unmet needs of our communities can be filled.
With our numerous philanthropic partners, KBCF supports nonprofit organizations and public institutions in fields such as the environment, science & technology, the arts, civic engagement, education, health & human services, and other areas of need as diverse as our region itself.
The Foundation is most likely to fund projects that:
- enhance the quality of life in the local , greater, and global community (for example, the arts, the environment, and educational programs for persons of all ages);
- build on the strengths and assets of people and organizations of the local, greater, and global community and engage in effective community development and problem solving;
- promote cooperation and collaboration among the organizations of the local, greater, and global community;
- promote the leadership and development of resources in identifying and meeting local needs; and
- •respond creatively and in a timely manner to existing or emerging community interests and challenges.
Types of Grants
Discretionary Grants: Provided for programs that further the goals of the Key Biscayne Community Foundation. Grants range from $500-2,500.
The Ritz-Carlton Youth Safety Initiative: Initially established by the principals of The RunCarlton, Key Biscayne. Funds programs that provide services to the youth of Key Biscayne, such as teaching and reinforcing safety in sports and recreation. Grants range from $500-1,000.
The Community Building Initiative: Established by the Key Biscayne Community Foundation. Funds programs that specifically focus on developing a sense of community for those who live and work on Key Biscayne. Programs may explore issues of diversity, focus on building community, and encourage residents to invest in the community by donating their time, talent, and treasure. Grants range from $1,000-2,500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility: Nonprofit, tax-exempt community-based organizations
- Programs generally not considered are:
- programs involving specifically religious or sectarian activities;
- political activities or organizations.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the KBCF Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.