Kearney Area Community Foundation Grants
Kearney Area Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,700
Next deadline: Aug 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: Buffalo County, Nebraska
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Grants Program of the Kearney Area Community Foundation (“KACF”) is a means by which not-for-profit charitable organizations may secure financial assistance for programs and/or projects which will enhance the quality of life for all residents of the Kearney area and surrounding communities. KACF is a ‘community’ foundation that collects and administers charitable funds under Section 509(a)(1) of the IRS tax code.
- seeking and soliciting gifts and bequests from individuals, families, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations,
- managing assets for preservation of principal, optimum return, and perpetuity of the donor’s intentions, and
- distributing funds through grants.
- Economic Development
- Human Services
- Religion (non-denominational)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made to nonprofit, federally tax exempt (501(c)(3)) qualified organizations or organizations delivering a project or program that qualifies as charitable activity or which has a fiscal relationship with a charity, will be considered.
- Only projects or programs in the Kearney area and surrounding communities are considered for support, unless in an unusual case where a donor has directed his/her support to assist an agency in another area.
- As a general practice, the Kearney Area Community Foundation refrains from funding:
- Agencies serving a populace outside of the KACF’s service area; or to programs that do not meet the mission of the KACF.
- Annual fund drives, galas, or other special-event fundraising activities
- Capital campaigns/renovation projects (unless we can make an impact with a small grant)
- Debt reduction
- Dissertations or student/faculty research projects
- Emergency or disaster relief efforts
- Established or new endowment funds
- Indirect/administrative costs
- Institutions that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, or age in policy or in practice
- Loans, fellowships, or grants to individuals
- Religious activities (unless non-denominational and serving a broad segment of the population)
- Political lobbying, or legislative activities
- Private or parochial schools (unless serving a broad segment of the population), as well as other private organizations
- Profit making enterprises (unless allowed by Federal Treasury Regulations)
- Travel, tours or trips, including honor conferences, expanded studies
- Umbrella organizations that would re-distribute the requested funds at their discretion
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kearney Area Community Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.