Keep Maryland Beautiful: Clean Up & Green Up Grant
Maryland Environmental Trust
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 15, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Maryland
Location of residency: MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Maryland Environmental Trust in partnership with Maryland State Highway Administration and Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) presents Keep Maryland Beautiful grants. Grants through the Keep Maryland Beautiful (KMB) program help volunteer-based, nonprofit groups and communities develop environmental education projects, litter removal, and solve natural resource issues in urban and rural areas.
Clean Up Green Up MarylandGrant
With funding from the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, the Clean Up & Green Up Maryland Grant is a new funding program to develop community-based leadership and volunteer-based activities to eliminate litter and implement beautification and greening initiatives.
To encourage community groups and nonprofit organizations statewide to promote neighborhood cleanliness and beautification by increasing litter removal, greening activities, community education, and citizen stewardship.
- To support the projects of community groups and nonprofit organizations that are actively engaged in improving the overall appearance of commercial districts and residential areas where people are living, working and visiting.
- To support beautification projects that have litter removal and prevention strategies as a primary focus of improving the community and/or neighborhood.
- To support community cleaning and greening activities that include but are not limited to creating and maintaining green space in downtown districts, establishing clean up teams and regular clean up events and beautification projects that improve the appearance of underutilized or vacant buildings.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Clean Up & Green Up Maryland Grant of up to $5,000 are awarded to local groups and nonprofit organizations working to remove litter and engage residents and young people in neighborhood cleaning and greening initiatives.
- Priority will be given to projects that target cleaning and beautification initiatives in existing communities and/or neighborhoods located within (in this order):
- DHCD’s designated Sustainable Community Areas,
- Maryland’s designated Priority Funding Areas, and
- other areas that are identified as hotspots for negative behaviors such as littering and illegal dumping.
- Restrictions: Not for acquisition or development.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Keep Maryland Beautiful: Clean Up & Green Up Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.