Kelly Foundation Grants
Kelly FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Next deadline: Jan 15, 2020
Later deadlines: Apr 15, 2020, Jul 15, 2020, Oct 15, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: El Dorado County, Placer County, Sacramento County, San Joaquin County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Yolo County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in California: El Dorado County, Placer County, Sacramento County, San Joaquin County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Yolo County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Kelly Broadcasting Company’s KCRA-TV (Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, CA) went on the air on September 5, 1955. As Sacramento’s leading news broadcaster, it’s slogan, “Where the News Comes First,” more than speaks to the KCRA-TV dedication to the community in this area.
For decades, the Kelly family has reached out to the community to enhance quality of life through charitable contributions. The owners of Kelly Broadcasting Co. established the Kelly Foundation in December 1988 as the formal vehicle for structuring charitable contributions to help meet the challenges of its social responsibilities.
The Kelly family sold KCRA-TV in 1999 and will continue the Kelly Foundation. The Kelly Foundation is an expression of the importance the Kelly family places on being a good neighbor and citizen in all the regions where they do business.
Grant Distribution Guidelines
Kelly Foundation intends to actively seek projects to sponsor, as well as to be responsive to grant applications.
Kelly Foundation will consider grant requests in the following categories:
- Health and human services;
- Education; and
- Culture and civic improvement.
The Foundation directors may also, from time to time, identify areas for special emphasis when emerging needs require extraordinary attention.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Kelly Foundation makes grants to various charitable organizations in the community including, but not limited to:
- education institutions,
- cultural activities and groups for the benefit of children.
- Grants are generally made for one (1) year only, though a limited number of multi-year grants may be made available.
- An organization may apply only once a year, regardless of what action is taken.
- Although there are exceptions, usually the organizations that receive grants from the Kelly Foundation serve the Greater Sacramento Region.
- The Kelly Foundation will not consider grants to the following types of organizations or for the following purposes:
- Religious organizations for explicit religious activities, as distinguished from social or educational activities;
- Political organizations or political campaigns;
- Fraternal organizations, labor, societies, or orders;
- Telephone solicitations; and
- National fund-raising efforts.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kelly Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.