Marcia Athey and Botany Fund Grants
Kentucky Academy of ScienceSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Nov 15, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student High School Student
Funding uses: Non-clinical Biomedical, Non-clinical Behavioral
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: KentuckyView website Save
About this funder:
The Kentucky Academy of Science Foundation makes available through the Marcia Athey Fund and the Botany Fund monies for research in science. Research may be supported in any of the physical, biological, behavioral, or engineering sciences. The research is to be conducted within the general boundaries of the Commonwealth recognizing that some field investigations may transcend political boundaries.
The funds are for research planned and conducted by students of Kentucky secondary schools, colleges, and universities under the supervision of a faculty member. If funds are available, consideration will also be given to support faculty research projects. Application for a renewal of support may be considered for a second year. Applicants must be members of the Kentucky Academy of Science.
Athey / Botany fund allowable costs include:
- Nominal annual stipend for work by student(s) in accord with policies and amounts normally approved at the institution of the principal investigator(s).
- Research connected travel within the Commonwealth, including travel, lodging, and meal expenses where necessary. Amounts for travel will be reviewed by the Committee.
- Small equipment directly associated with the project and normally not available at the sponsoring institution.
- Supplies, expendables, and other materials not normally found at the sponsoring institution.
- Support toward page charges for publication of research results generated from support of this fund when such research is published in a refereed journal.
- Publications from supported research in the Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science or other refereed journals are encouraged, either in the form of abstracts or articles.
- Accepted publications must acknowledge KAS Marcia Athey or Botany Fund support.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Athey / Botany Funds are made available for research planned and conducted by students of Kentucky secondary schools, colleges, and universities under the supervision of a faculty member.
- All awards are made to the institution of the faculty supervisor/researcher.
- Faculty sponsors/researchers must be members of the Kentucky Academy of Science.
- Consideration will also be given for support of faculty research projects.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Grant recipients must be members of the Kentucky Academy of Science.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Marcia Athey and Botany Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.