Kettering Family Foundation Grant
The Kettering Family Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000,000
Next deadline: Jul 31, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Sep 15, 2018 (Full proposal), Jan 31, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Mar 15, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Colorado, New Hampshire, New York Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: Preferred: Colorado, New Hampshire, New York Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Kettering Family Foundation was founded by Eugene W. Kettering, son of Charles F. Kettering, and his wife Virginia W. Kettering in 1956.
- Arts, Culture and Humanities
- Human Services
- Public/Society Benefit
We strongly recommended that you contact the Foundation’s office to discuss your proposed program before you start the application process.
The Foundation trustees have historically approved grants in those areas where family members reside. At the same time 90%+ of the grants approved in recent years have been trustee endorsed, some of which are in areas that may be located outside of family residence areas. Family members live throughout the US, but there are larger concentrations between New York and New Hampshire, in addition to Colorado.
A trustee may choose to endorse a request at any time during the application review process; therefore, the Foundation is open to receiving Request Summaries that are not endorsed at the time of submission. Trustees may not be preemptively contacted to obtain an endorsement.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that are not units of government or affiliated with a religious organization must have a current 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS.
- Fiscal sponsorships will be accepted, but only under special circumstances.
- Only one Request Summary per calendar year may be submitted to any one of the Kettering Family Philanthropies.
- Because funding decisions are driven by the interests of the trustees, Request Summaries endorsed by a trustee at the time of submission are considered a priority.
- Over 90% of grants awarded fit within this category.
- Request Summaries for any of the following purposes are rarely considered without the endorsement of a Kettering Family Foundation trustee.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Individual public elementary or secondary schools or public school districts
- Capital construction
- Foreign based or foreign purpose organizations
- Local chapters of national organizations
- Multi-year grants
- Travel expenses
- Event sponsorship
- Request Summaries will not be accepted for any of the following purposes.
- Grants or loans to individuals
- Tickets, advertising or sponsorships of fundraising events
- Efforts to carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation
- Activities of 509(a)(3) Type III Supporting Organization
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kettering Family Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.