The Kettering Fund Grant Program
The Kettering FundSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jul 31, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Sep 15, 2020 (Full proposal), Jan 31, 2021 (Letter of inquiry), Mar 16, 2021 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Art & Culture Education Health & Medicine Environment Human & Social Services Humanities & Social Science Civic Affairs Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save
About this funder:
The Kettering Fund was founded July 1, 1958 by Charles F. Kettering, renowned inventor, businessman and philanthropist. The mission of The Kettering Fund is to support scientific, medical, social and educational studies and research carried on within the State of Ohio. The Fund’s Distribution Committees meet biannually (May and November) to determine funding recommendations to the trustees of The Kettering Family Foundation.
Primary Areas of Support:
- Arts, Culture and Humanities
- Human Services
- Public/Society Benefit
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that are not units of government or affiliated with a religious organization must have a current 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS.
- Fiscal sponsorships will be accepted, but only under special circumstances.
- All requests from major institutions such as hospitals and universities must go through the development department.
- Only one Request Summary per calendar year may be submitted to any one of the Kettering Family Philanthropies.
- A Request Summary will not be accepted for any of the following purposes.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Individual public elementary or secondary schools or public school districts
- Multi-year grants
- Grants or loans to individuals
- Tickets, advertising or sponsorships of fundraising events
- Efforts to carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation
- Activities of 509(a)(3) Type III Supporting Organization
- Academic research is not a priority.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”