KeyBank Foundation Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $250,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington Expand all
Location of residency: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Beyond traditional banking products and services, Key supports communities through the important work of KeyBank Foundation, a nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1969 and funded by KeyCorp. The Foundation’s mission is to support organizations and programs that prepare individuals for thriving futures and is advanced through three funding priorities – Neighbors, Education and Workforce – and through Community Service.
Grants that support neighbors - create prosperity through advancing economic inclusion; communities and housing that are safe, affordable and stable; and the development of small businesses. The focus of grant outcomes is access to affordable housing services; families that are economically self-sufficient; safe and stable communities; and small business growth and success.
- Affordable Housing and Homeownership supportive services: increase in residency tenure and decrease in foreclosure rates
- Economic Inclusion: increased utilization of traditional banking products and services
- Safe and Stable Communities: increase in housing stock values and increase in the number of local, basic goods and services
- Small businesses: increase in jobs created and increase in percentage of businesses launched
Grants that support education - provide students with opportunities to prepare for fulfilling careers through access to high quality education and support for their academic success. The focus of grant outcomes is on academic success through preparation, access, attainment, retention, and completion (graduation).
- Preparation: Improvement in GPA and standardized test scores
- Access: Increase number of individuals provided financial resources
- Attainment: Improvement in post-secondary enrollment and retention rates
- Completion: Improvement in graduation rates
Grants that support workforce - equip adults with the necessary skills, education and capabilities to meet current and future local employment demands. The focus of grant outcomes is on graduation, employment, and financial education.
- Graduation: Improvement in graduation or certification completion rates
- Employment: Improvement in employment placement and retention rates
- Financial Education: Increase number of individuals trained
KeyBank Foundation, in addition to upholding all of KeyBank’s important values, has a unique lens of its own, through which all grant-making takes place. All KeyBank Foundation grant-making adheres to, and takes into consideration, how grantees incorporate five important values.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants are nonprofit charitable organizations.
- KeyBank Foundation does not make grants to organizations that discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
- In addition, we generally do not make the following types of grants:
- Grants outside of the following states in which we have retail operations:
- Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.
- Grants to individuals.
- Grants for memberships, lobbying or political activities, advertisements, athletic teams, booster clubs and organizations outside the United States, organizations that are inconsistent with U.S. equal opportunity policies, selected organizations with Internal Revenue Code Section 509(a)(3) status.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the KeyBank Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.