KeyBank Foundation Grants
KeyBank FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $250,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington Expand all
Location of residency: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
KeyBank Foundation supports organizations and programs that prepare individuals for thriving futures. Our funding priorities focus on neighbors, education and workforce. Through grants and sponsorships, we make dreams a reality.
KeyBank Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization that was founded in 1969 and funded by KeyCorp. We focus on improving lives through three approaches:
Our grants for neighbors are designed to create safe, affordable, inclusive communities with thriving family homes and small businesses. The goals of our program include:
- Affordable Housing and Homeownership: An increase in residency length and a decrease in foreclosure rates
- Economically Self-Sufficient Families: Improved economic inclusion with community members accessing banking services and products
- Safe and Stable Communities: An increase in the values of homes as well as an uptick in the number of small businesses providing services and products to residents
- Small Business Growth: The launch of more small businesses with an increase in job creation
Our education grants help students prepare for fulfilling careers by providing access to high-quality education as well as offering support to help them achieve academically. With our grants we assist students with:
- Preparation: Improvement in GPA and standardized test scores gets students ready to succeed
- Access: Our grants ensure more students than ever have access to financial resources for education
- Attainment: We work to improve college enrollment and retention rates
- Completion: We stand by our students throughout their education as we improve graduation rates
KeyBank Foundation grants help adults achieve the skills, education and capabilities they need to succeed in current and future employment opportunities. Our education grants assist with:
- Graduation: Our grants help improve graduation and certification program completion rates
- Employment: With financial assistance, employment placement and retention rates increase
- Financial Education: An increase in the number of individuals who receive this type of training means more workers have the tools they need to create financial wellness
KeyBank Foundation grants rely on five key values:
Diversity and Inclusion
At KeyBank we prize a culture where diversity is valued and inclusion is fostered. KeyBank Foundation grants are provided to organizations that embrace these values among board members, staff and those they serve.
KeyBank Foundation invests in programs that help motivate and enable people to make sound financial decisions. Our grants are designed to empower individuals with the skills, knowledge and access to tools needed to use financial products to create financial wellness.
We believe the basis of change lies in communities. KeyBank Foundation seeks community partners with whom we design innovative programs and approaches that solve the community's needs. We then fund those programs to create meaningful change in the community and individual lives.
KeyBank Foundation grants are designed to create measurable improvements in quality of life. Rigorous grantee reporting provides details about the impact of our investments in the community.
KeyBank Foundation grants are created to maintain positive change over time with continual improvement. Our team considers the root causes of identified concerns, considers the situation in the long-term and creates plans that provide lasting change.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants are nonprofit charitable organizations.
- KeyBank Foundation does not make grants to organizations that discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
- In addition, we generally do not make the following types of grants:
- Grants outside of the following states in which we have retail operations:
- Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.
- Grants to individuals.
- Grants for memberships, lobbying or political activities, advertisements, athletic teams, booster clubs and organizations outside the United States, organizations that are inconsistent with U.S. equal opportunity policies, selected organizations with Internal Revenue Code Section 509(a)(3) status.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the KeyBank Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.