Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $17,600
Anticipated deadline: May 9, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Kuwait
Age restriction: No more than 35 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
To further encourage high achieving university graduates in science majors we offer them a one year scholarship to pursue their Masters or PHD degrees. The elements of this program include the support of interim temporary Masters and Doctorate degree scholarships.
This initiative came in response to the need of the talented Kuwaitis who have received acceptance to complete their higher studies in prestigious universities worldwide without receiving any financial support from any other party. Accordingly, approved candidates will receive all costs and expenses of their study for the first year only, provided that the student shall seek financial sources to cover further expenses in subsequent years until graduation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a Kuwaiti national
- Must not be over 35 years old at the time of application
- Scholarship is limited to financial support in the first academic year only, including the summer semester.
- For science and technology fields:
- Must have excellent grades of GPA of 3.67 or higher for the most recent university degree
- For medical fields:
- a GPA of 3.33 or higher for the most recent university degree
- The applicant must not have been previously awarded the same degree.
- The applicant must have been accepted for a Masters or Ph.D. from a world-class university that has been rated among the top fifty universities in the applicant’s sought major, according to the following website.
- The latest degree obtained must be from among the top 200 universities mentioned on the following website or local universities (government and private).
- The applicant must submit a final and unconditional acceptance from universities on the Top 200 List or local universities (government or private).
- Applications must be submitted along with all required documents in the timeline specified in the announcement of the scholarship.
- University admission should be for the same year of the scholarship.
- Only one scholarship for the Master’s degree and one for the Ph.D. degree will be awarded.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the KFAS Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.