Kimball Foundation Grantmaking Program
Kimball FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Sep 21, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Sonoma County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The foundation supports:
- Public charities operating under an IRS 501(c)(3) status or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) organization;
- Organizations serving the residents of San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo, and Sonoma counties, and limited to Palo Alto in Santa Clara County
- Programs focusing on one or more of the following areas:
- College Access and Persistence, ensuring low-income, at risk students persist academically on a pathway through secondary school and into college with the help of high-quality academic and college bound programs in school or after school;
- Cultural Enrichment, providing youth with equal access to participatory arts education fostering an appreciation of the arts while promoting community engagement through cultural experiences;
- Environmental Education, particularly high engagement programs that provide outdoor experiential, wilderness, and environmental science education;
- Vocational Development, providing disadvantaged youth with work-readiness, in-demand skills training, set in workplace-like environments, including internships and paid employment opportunities.
- The foundation prioritizes the support of organizations that promote college access and encourage community service for low-income youth.
- Grants in the arts are made to groups that predominately serve youth.
- The foundation prefers to receive requests for specific projects and programs.
- The foundation does not support medical research, individuals, endowments, events, annual appeals, or religious organizations other than those providing non-sectarian services to the community.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kimball Foundation Grantmaking Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.