Endowment Matching Grants
Kirkpatrick Family FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $10,000
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Mar 1, 2020 (Full proposal), Jun 1, 2020 (Full proposal), Sep 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Oklahoma: Canadian County, Cleveland County, Grady County, Kingfisher County, Lincoln County, Logan County, McClain County, Oklahoma County, Pottawatomie County Other eligible locations: Oklahoma
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Oklahoma: Canadian County, Cleveland County, Grady County, Kingfisher County, Lincoln County, Logan County, McClain County, Oklahoma County, Pottawatomie County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
About the Foundation
The history of the Kirkpatrick Family Fund is closely aligned with the
Kirkpatrick Foundation and the Oklahoma City Community Foundation. These
philanthropies all benefit from the foresight and generosity of John E.
and Eleanor B. Kirkpatrick, their daughter Joan E. Kirkpatrick and her
son Christian K. Keesee. The Kirkpatrick Family has established a legacy
of giving that will continue to benefit future generations in central
Founders John and Eleanor Kirkpatrick believed that a strong cultural and service community would benefit their hometown for generations to come. The Kirkpatrick family and trustees of the fund continue to honor this vision through their grant programs to support nonprofits that contribute to the cultural landscape, health and well-being of the community.
Endowment Matching Grants
The purpose of the Endowment Matching Grant Program is three fold: to encourage nonprofit organizations to plan for their future; develop a reliable source of funding that supports mission and program goals; and to engage a broad base of contributors from the community in the organization’s future.
Organizations may apply in one of two categories:
- New Charitable Organization Endowment Fund
- Qualified organizations who have approval to establish a new Charitable Organization Endowment Fund at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation may, if eligible, request a grant of $15,000 to be matched with $25,000 raised by the organization to establish the fund.
- Established Charitable Organization Endowment Fund
- Organizations with an established Charitable Organization Endowment Fund at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation may submit a dollar request based on the matching formula 3:1. Organizations must raise $3 for every $1 contributed by the Kirkpatrick Family Fund.
Program Areas of Interest
Arts & Humanities
We believe access to fine arts and humanities experiences enriches the quality of life for all members of our community. We support both established and promising cultural organizations that value excellence in programming, broad community participation, and quality learning opportunities for youth and adults.
Children, Youth, & Families
It is our belief that healthy families raise healthy children. We support organizations that work to foster a beneficial environment for families through essential services and prevention programs that ensure healthy development for children in vulnerable situations.
We believe that social and economic transformation is within the reach of all communities. We support organizations committed to inclusion, impact, and innovation in addressing neighborhood and community needs.
We believe the appearance and treatment of the built environment reflects the values and priorities of the community. We support projects which prompt beautification and pleasing aesthetics. These projects seek to improve quality of life in the community.
We place a priority on organizations that improve access to health services and promote wellness.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations qualified as a public charity under Section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code and whose programs reflect the areas of interest outlined for Kirkpatrick Family Fund.
- Approved organizations are required to raise the full match in a 12-month period.
- Organizations submitting a request for a Matching Grant may also submit a request for either a Project Support or General Operating Support Grant during the same year or 12-month period.
- Only dollars raised and given to the Charitable Organization Endowment Fund following approval of the grant request will be considered eligible for meeting the match requirement.
- Priority is given to organizations serving central Oklahoma.
- We do not fund or sponsor individuals, school or organization trips, tables or tickets for fundraising events, or matching endowment grants to churches, ministries or religious programs.
- Interest derived from a Charitable Organization Endowment Fund may not be used to provide the match for Kirkpatrick Family Fund grants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Endowment Matching Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.