Kitty M. Perkins Foundation Grant
Kitty M. Perkins FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Education Health & Medicine
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Nebraska, Cook County, Illinois
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Kitty M. Perkins Foundation
Kitty Shoemaker Perkins was the wife of Edwin Perkins the inventor of the global packaged soft drink called Kool-Aid. Kitty was Edwin’s confidant and partner in this great American story about a young boy who grew up in a small Nebraska town called Hendley and then went on to make fame and fortune in Chicago, Illinois. The Edwin and Kitty story is the American dream! The Kitty M. Perkins Foundation is dedicated to giving money to charities that help sustain the rural community.
Policies of the Foundation
The Kitty M. Perkins Foundation is interested in a broad spectrum of purposes. However, in keeping with the wishes of the benefactor, the Foundation will attempt to satisfy needs and requests as possible which are received from within the State of Nebraska, particularly the Southwestern portion of that State from which the benefactor came. Consideration will also be given to worthy charities in the area of Chicago, Illinois. The Foundation will award grants on a one year basis only. The Foundation will continually review its areas of interest and may make exceptions to its general policies as desired by the Board of Directors.
Applications may be received throughout the year with awards being made generally in the last quarter of the year. All commitments are made by the Board of Directors. Personal interviews are not necessary prior to submission of the grant application. If the application is found to be consistent with the interests and policies of the Foundation, the Board may desire to arrange a personal interview.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The objective of the Kitty M. Perkins Foundation is to provide charitable gifts to worthy tax-exempt organizations involving religious, charitable, scientific, literary, artistic, or educational purposes exclusively.
- Grants may also be made to an eligible state or political subdivision thereof if the grant is made exclusively for public purposes.
- Grants will be made only to such organizations that are tax exempt as defined in Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and which are not private foundations as defined in Section 509 of the Code.
- Applications for medical and educational purposes will receive priority.
- While not a prerequisite for submitting a grant application, applicants are encouraged to develop other sources of support for a particular project or program. It is a positive factor signifying an applicant’s commitment.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”