Knapp Community Care Foundation Grant
Knapp Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $3,900,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Cameron County, Hidalgo County, Starr County, Willacy County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Knapp Community Care Foundation was established in November 2012, and since its inception has created a mission of serving the Mid-Valley community through supporting organizations that promote the improvement of health in Mid-Valley families.
The Mission of Knapp Community Care Foundation is to improve the health of Mid-Valley families.
Community Care means:
- Finding ways to help Mid-Valley communities in the Rio Grande Valley – deep South Texas, improve access to healthcare, wellness, nutritional services and education.
- Increasing and improving quality healthcare access and nutritional education for low income, uninsured or medically underserved populations in the Mid-Valley.
- Identifying promising programs to provide improved wellness, fitness, preventative healthcare and health education access .
- Supporting successful healthcare, educational, wellness programs already serving low income and uninsured families.
Areas of Interest & Focus Areas
The Knapp Community Care Foundation Board of Directors has elected to target Diabetes and/or Obesity as the AREAS OF INTEREST, until further notice. In addition, we have developed definitions to assist applicants in determining if a proposal meets our FOCUS AREAS:
- Behavioral Health – programs, services or activities that address the scientific study of the emotions, behaviors and biology relating to a person’s mental well-being, their ability to function in everyday life and their concept of self.
- Direct Healthcare – programs and services to a patient that requires some degree of interaction between the patient and the health care provider.
- Health Related Education – programs, services or activities that provide any combination of learning experiences designed to help individuals and communities improve their health, by increasing their knowledge or influencing their attitudes.
- Nutrition – programs, services or activities that provide or obtain knowledge of the food necessary for health and growth.
- Prevention/Wellness – programs, services or activities that keep an illness or injury from happening or that promote the state or condition of being in good physical and mental health.
The foundation may invest in general operating costs as they relate directly to the program or service being proposed, which we consider as an indirect line item of 15%, however indirect cost funding is not guaranteed.
Cities in the Catchment Area of the Foundation
The Knapp Community Care Foundation’s service delivery area is the Mid-Valley; consequently cities listed are considered “Mid-Valley” cities
- Delta area includes: San Carlos, La Blanca, Monte Alto, Edcouch, Elsa and La Villa.
- La Feria
- La Sara
- Santa Rosa
An organization does not have to be physically located within the Mid-Valley area, but the programs and/or services must be provided to Mid-Valley residents and in the Mid-Valley area.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to receive funding, an organization must:
- Be a qualified public entity or an IRS recognized 501 (c) (3) in good standing with the IRS, and must provide programs and/or services directed at improving wellness, fitness, nutrition services, preventative health and health education access within the service delivery area.
- Offer unique, innovative, or enhancement of programs and/or services that demonstrate a positive effect on the individuals in our community that need it most.
- The foundation does not fund scholarships or sponsorships.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Knapp Community Care Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.