Kosciuszko Foundation Tuition Scholarships
Kosciuszko FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $7,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Foundation
The Kosciuszko Foundation is dedicated to promote educational and cultural exchanges between the United States and Poland and to increase American understanding of Polish culture and history.
Founded in 1925, on the eve of the 150th anniversary of Thaddeus Kosciuszko's enlistment in the American revolutionary cause, the Foundation is a national not-for-profit, nonpartisan, and nonsectarian organization.
The Foundation's work reaches audiences throughout the United States, through its headquarters in New York City and its regional Chapters in Chicago, Denver (Rocky Mountain), Houston (Texas), Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Springfield (New England), Buffalo (Western New York State), Ohio (Cleveland) as well as through its National Advisory Council.
The Kosciuszko Foundation is a membership organization, which is supported by contributions from foundations, corporations, and individuals who share the Foundation's mission of fostering the relations and understanding between the United States and Poland.
Kosciuszko Foundation Tuition Scholarships support American students of Polish descent for graduate studies at colleges and universities in the United States.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- United States citizens and permanent residents of Polish descent who are beginning or continuing their graduate studies in the United States.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Scholarships are awarded for full-time studies only.
- Only one member per immediate family may receive a tuition scholarship during any given academic year.
- Applicants may re-apply.
- However, scholarship renewals are not guaranteed.
- Awards are limited to only two tuition scholarships per individual during the period of his/her studies.
All fields and majors are eligible for scholarship funding. In addition, dedicated funding is available for:
- law and engineering studies at DePaul University and non-public colleges and universities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin;
- residents of New Jersey, first preference for studies in nursing, teaching and business;
- residents of NY state for studies in medicine;
- residents of Amsterdam, NY;
- residents of Chicopee, MA;
- residents of New Hampshire;
- residents of Connecticut, first preference for residents of Fairfield and New Haven counties;
- students who evidence leadership, excellent written and verbal communication skills and participation in school and/or community activities;
- sciences: physical-chemical, biological, technical and natural sciences;
- applied sciences; medicine; music; humanities; social sciences; architecture; engineering; medical research; education; piano performance; violin performance; orchestral studies; law; art; fine arts; pharmacy; chemistry; accounting; business administration; banking; finance; Polish studies.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Kosciuszko Foundation Tuition Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.