Kroger Foundation CommunityGift Requests
Kroger Co. FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Food Access & Hunger Women's Health Children’s Health & Pediatrics Education - K through 12 Diversity & Inclusion Environment Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia (US state), Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming Show all
Location of residency: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia (US state), Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming Show allView website Save
About this funder:
Note: To submit a request, please select the store you would like to request assistance from. You may only submit a request to one banner, any duplicate requests will be removed.
Lifting Up Our Communities
Kroger has a long history of bringing help and hope to the communities we serve. Since our earliest days, the Kroger Family of Companies has taken care of our neighbors and each other.
When founder Barney Kroger opened his doors to give day-old bread to hungry residents, Kroger’s spirit of giving began. Nearly 135 years later, Kroger is still committed to sharing the fruits of our labor in our communities. We provide food and nourishment to help people live their best lives.
The Kroger Co. Foundation
The Kroger Co. Foundation, established in 1987, places our communities at the center of what we do. With our Purpose in mind – to Feed the Human Spirit – we support nonprofit organizations focused on ending hunger, improving food security and bringing balanced meals to families who need it most.
The Kroger Foundation works to make a difference in the communities where we operate – across 35 states and the District of Columbia. We focus on supporting our communities’ needs today and finding innovative solutions to help end hunger tomorrow. Working together, we will achieve meaningful change that transforms our communities.
Each year, the Kroger family of companies invests millions of dollars in charitable support in the communities we serve. These contributions take several forms – including financial contributions and donations of gift cards and products.
- Hunger Relief
- Women's Health
- Children's Health and Wellbeing
- K-12 Education
- Advancing Diversity
- Sustaining the Environment
- Grassroots Community Programs
- Local Disaster Relief
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Schools, churches, public entities and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations working in these priority focus areas are eligible for assistance.
- The organization must be located in the selected company's area and serve a community where its customers and associates live and work.
- We do not make donations toward the following:
- Capital campaigns
- Travel expenses
- Political campaigns
- Sectarian or religious organizations, for projects that serve only its own members or adherents
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or nationality
- Exclusions: Although we would love to help everyone, The Kroger Co. Foundation generally does not support:
- Individuals or for-profit organizations
- Professional associations (Chambers of Commerce; Trade Associations 501(c)(6))
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Fraternal, social, veterans organizations (Rotary, Kiwanis 501(c)(4); Masons 501(c)(8); Elks 501(c)(10); VFW, American Legion 501(c)(19))
- Religious organizations or institutions for sectarian purposes
- Medical research organizations
- Other foundations or granting organizations
- Meetings, conferences or workshops
- Dinners, galas and events
- Sports teams or athletic competitions
- Endowment campaigns and pledges
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”