KWEF Overseas Research Grant Program: Applicants in Other Asian Countries
Kurita Water and Environment FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to ¥400,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 24, 2020
Applicant type: Research Scientist Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Central Asia, Eastern Asia, Southern Asia, Western Asia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Timor-Leste Show all
Location of residency: Central Asia, Eastern Asia, Southern Asia, Western Asia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Timor-Leste Show all
Age restriction: No more than 40 years of ageView website Save
The Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (KWEF) is a nonprofit organization established on March 12,1997. Water is vital to human life and industry ,and the aim of the foundation is to contribute to the development of new methods of water conservation and environmental protection. Since its foundation in 1949, Kurita Water Industries Ltd. has contributed to the development of society and the protection of the environment primarily by processing water-from securing water resources to treating wastewater and other waste matter.
Separate from their own business interests, Kurita and its affiliates established the KWEF in 1997. The foundation's goal is to contribute to the development of society in the 21st century and help restore a clean environment.
Kurita Asia Research Grant (KARG)
Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (KWEF) supports scientists of Asian nationality who are conducting research in their own countries. The focal research area is water-related Environmental Science and Technology.
KARG is intended to support academic research.
Research Subjects Supported
Research subjects related to water environment in the applicant's country can be applied. Examples of appropriate research subjects are; water/wastewater treatment, water quality analysis, sustainability of water environment sanitation, water ecosystem, agricultural water use, industrial wastewater treatment.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Kurita Water and Environment Foundation(KWEF) supports scientists of Asian nationality who are conducting research in their own countries with following criteria
- The applicant of Asian nationality (except Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Japan) resides in his or her own country.
- The applicant must conduct research at university, college, or associated institute in his or her own country (except private sectors).
- The applicant should be under 40 years of age.
- Japanese professor who can submit a letter of recommendation is necessary.
- The grant money should be used for the direct expenses of the research program, such as the purchase of equipment and reagent, outsourcing analysis costs, travel costs associated with fieldwork.
- If necessary, an appropriate charge for the institute overhead expenses can be taken from the grant money.
- Research programs aimed primarily at generating business profit will not be adopted.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the KWEF Overseas Research Grant Program: Applicants in Other Asian Countries by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.