KWEF Research Grant Program
Kurita Water and Environment Foundation
Grant amount: Up to ¥300,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 26, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Central Asia, Eastern Asia, Southern Asia, Western Asia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Timor-Leste Expand all
Location of residency: Central Asia, Eastern Asia, Southern Asia, Western Asia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Timor-Leste Expand all
Age restriction: No more than 40 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (KWEF) is a nonprofit organization established on March 12,1997. Water is vital to human life and industry ,and the aim of the foundation is to contribute to the development of new methods of water conservation and environmental protection. Since its foundation in 1949, Kurita Water Industries Ltd. has contributed to the development of society and the protection of the environment primarily by processing water-from securing water resources to treating wastewater and other waste matter.
Separate from their own business interests, Kurita and its affiliates established the KWEF in 1997. The foundation's goal is to contribute to the development of society in the 21st century and help restore a clean environment.
The KWEF supports scientists in Asian countries who are conducting research in their own countries on the conservation and restoration of water resources, which are defined as oceans, surface water and underground water as well as the areas of land adjacent to them.
These grants are intended to support academic research.
Any research subject in field of water resources is acceptable, provided that the water area studied is located in the researcher's home country. Examples of appropriate research subjects are:
- Physical and chemical properties of water
- New technologies for conservation and restoration of water resources. (River, Lake, Pond, Discharge etc.)
- New technologies for water measurement and assessment
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The applicant must reside in Asian countries (except Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam.）
- The applicant must conduct research at university, college, or associated institute.
- The applicant would be 40 years old or less.
- The applicant must submit a recommendation letter of a "Japanese researcher"
- Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesian applicants are not eligible.
- Programs aimed primarily at generating business profit
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the KWEF Research Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.