Laboratory Animal Science Association Bursaries
Laboratory Animal Science Association
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Next deadline: Oct 31, 2018
Later deadlines: Jan 31, 2019, Apr 30, 2019, Jul 31, 2019
Applicant type: Research Scientist Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Costa Rica; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of; Kosovo; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States Of; Moldova, Republic of; Mongolia; Montenegro; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Palau; Palestine, State of; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Romania; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Serbia; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania, United Republic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of; Vietnam; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe; American Samoa Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Applications are considered by LASA every 3 months, with the closing date for receipt of bursary applications being the last day of January, April, July and October. Applications will not be considered unless they are received by the LASA Secretariat at least 4 months in advance of the first day of the meeting.
bursaries to attend meetings, conferences or for other related travel.
LASA bursaries can be applied for at any time of the year and for any event considered relevant to LASA’s mission statement. Bursaries are available for persons engaged in laboratory animal science and who are current LASA members. Animal technicians, post-graduate students and others for whom funds may be limited are especially encouraged to apply.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Members of the Laboratory Animal Science Association may apply for LASA bursaries for any event considered relevant to LASA’s mission statement.
- Early-career scientists, animal technicians, postgraduate students and others for whom funds may be limited are especially encouraged to apply.
- Bursaries are available for meetings and travel, both within and outside the country of normal residence of the applicant.
- A substantial part of the activity must be devoted to science relating to the use, care and/or welfare of laboratory animals, rather than a specific scientific discipline.
- LASA would rarely fund an application to present data from animal-based experimental studies unless there is a clear laboratory animal science or welfare component: instead the relevant society or learned body should be approached.
- Applications will be considered for the LASA Annual Conference or LASA Specialist Section meetings, but preference will be given to first-time attendees and/ or those taking an active part in the meeting.
- Applicants should normally be resident in the UK.
- Applications from other countries will be considered only where there is no source of local funding to support activities relating to care and/or welfare of laboratory animals.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not received a bursary during the previous 2 years.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Laboratory Animal Science Association Bursaries by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.