Lake Fork Community Foundation Grants
Lake Fork Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Next deadline: Dec 25, 2019
Later deadlines: Mar 25, 2020, Jun 25, 2020, Sep 25, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Hinsdale County, Colorado
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Established in 1994, the Lake Fork Community Foundation promotes and supports the citizens of that portion of Hinsdale County, Colorado located along the valley of the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River. The foundation is a Colorado Nonprofit Corporation, qualified as a Private Foundation, 501(c)(3) by the IRS.
The foundation’s purposes include:
- Youth support including educational assistance and recreational facilities
- Assistance to public, educational, medical or benevolent institutions and the public schools
- Promoting scientific research for the advancement of human knowledge and the alleviation of human suffering or the suffering of animals
- Care of the sick, aged and helpless
- Care of needy men, women and children
- Beautification of the area
- Care and protection of animals
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations qualify for contributions from the Lake Fork Community Foundation, either by receiving grants or as a conduit to transfer donations, if they submit evidence of one of the following using their IRS letter recognizing it as tax-exempt or by their most recent 990 filing.
- A 501(c) nonprofit tax-exempt organization
- A government agency
- Churches and Religious Organizations
- Requests must promote and support the citizens of that portion of Hinsdale County located along the valley of the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River, in Colorado.
- Funding priorities:
- Reach as many people as possible in the County.
- Build on strengths and assets of people in the community and engage them in problem solving.
- Seek challenge of matching grants.
- Attract volunteer resources and support.
- Strengthen the private, non-profit sector.
- Encourage collaboration with other organizations.
- Build the capacity of the applying organization.
- Require seed money for innovative projects.
- Leverage additional public and private resources, both financial and volunteer.
- It is a general practice of the Lake Fork Community Foundation to avoid undue dependency on the Foundation and refrains from awarding grants for operating expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Lake Fork Community Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.