Land Acquisition Grants
The Watershed FundSuggest an update
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Land/Habitat Conservation
Applicant type: College / University, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Middlesex County, New Haven County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Watershed Fund partners with local land trusts, municipalities, state agencies and others to protect threatened watershed lands. It is proud of its efforts to protect water quality while adding value to a community’s quality of life by protecting open spaces.
Purpose of Land Acquisition Grants
To award grants for the acquisition of title, conservation easements, and/or development rights to watershed land for the purpose of protecting, preserving, and enhancing water quality now and for future generations throughout the region.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Types of Organizations Eligible to Apply for Grants:
- Non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Regional health districts
- Public and private schools and colleges
- Projects must benefit or have a meaningful relation to the residents of the South Central Connecticut Regional Water District.
- The District is comprised of: Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Branford, Cheshire, Derby. East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Killingworth, Madison, Milford, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Prospect, Seymour, West Haven and Woodbridge.
- Grants are made only for the purchase of an interest in land;
- Land must be located within the South Central Connecticut Regional Water Authority’s public drinking water supply watershed or aquifer protection areas.
- Land must enhance the Authority’s water supply protection program giving due consideration to parcel size, location, protection of watercourses, wetlands and steep slopes, zoning, and development potential.
- Associated transaction costs are not eligible for grant funding.
- Grant funds will not be available for property acquired prior to the date of the grant application.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”