Land Acquisition Grants
The Watershed Fund
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: College / University Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Middlesex County, New Haven County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Watershed Fund partners with local land trusts, municipalities, state agencies and others to protect threatened watershed lands. It is proud of its efforts to protect water quality while adding value to a community’s quality of life by protecting open spaces.
Purpose of Land Acquisition Grants
To award grants for the acquisition of title, conservation easements, and/or development rights to watershed land for the purpose of protecting, preserving, and enhancing water quality now and for future generations throughout the region.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Types of Organizations Eligible to Apply for Grants:
- Non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Regional health districts
- Public and private schools and colleges
- Projects must benefit or have a meaningful relation to the residents of the South Central Connecticut Regional Water District.
- The District is comprised of: Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Branford, Cheshire, Derby. East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Killingworth, Madison, Milford, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Prospect, Seymour, West Haven and Woodbridge.
- Grants are made only for the purchase of an interest in land;
- Land must be located within the South Central Connecticut Regional Water Authority’s public drinking water supply watershed or aquifer protection areas.
- Land must enhance the Authority’s water supply protection program giving due consideration to parcel size, location, protection of watercourses, wetlands and steep slopes, zoning, and development potential.
- Associated transaction costs are not eligible for grant funding.
- Grant funds will not be available for property acquired prior to the date of the grant application.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Land Acquisition Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.