Large Companion Animal Studies: First Award
Morris Animal FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $108,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 10, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of Morris Animal Foundation (MAF) is to bridge science and resources to advance the health of animals. To achieve this aim, we fund hypothesis-driven, humane animal health research projects with high scientific merit and the potential for significant impact on animal health.
First Award grants are designed to assist new faculty in establishing a successful research program.
Proposals should be designed to convince the reviewers that the proposed project will advance the science of animal health; the investigator clearly understands the health problem and has the expertise to conduct the study; and the approach is scientifically sound.
Application Limits: MAF permits a maximum of two applications as Principal Investigator per year.
Resubmissions: A proposal that is not approved for funding can be re-submitted a maximum of two times (three total submissions to MAF).
Budget: The budget cannot exceed $54,000 per year ($50,000 per year, plus 8 percent for indirect costs if charged by your institution).
Duration: The maximum study duration is two years.
Mentor: Must have the support of a faculty mentor in the applicant’s field
Large Animal Grants
Proposals on topics relevant to large companion animal health (horses and llamas/alpacas)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must have a DVM and/or PhD.
- Must have a full-time, permanent position in a university, accredited zoo or conservation organization.
- Postdoctoral researchers should be completing their program and proposing research intended to be conducted in a permanent full-time position.
- Must not have received previous funding as a principal investigator or co-principal investigator for more than $20,000 for any single extramural award.
- Previous funding as a co-investigator is acceptable.
- Health Study Policy: Projects must adhere to MAF’s Health Study Policy for Animals Involved in Research.
- Projects oriented toward human health and agricultural animal health do not fall within Morris Animal Foundation's mission and will not be accepted.
- Individuals currently in a residency program are not eligible for this award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Large Companion Animal Studies: First Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.